You can direct search traffic to the videos on your website using the Yoast Video SEO plugin. It automates technical SEO for videos to enhance their functionality and discoverability!Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Why Yoast Video SEO?
- Help Google show your videos in the search results: It’s should’nt be tough to get rich results for your videos. You only need to upload the video, title, and description to get started. We’ll include the videoObject Schema.org structured data markup so that Google may display your videos in the search results! Despite Google’s best efforts, you can expressly offer information by providing the VideoObject structured data. If you want your movies to show up in rich results, it is a requirement.
- Responsive sizing without any hassle: Ensure sure your videos play flawlessly on all desktops, mobile devices, and tablet computers—all without moving a muscle. No need to test browsers or fiddle with code for hours. If your users are at home, at work, or on the go, wow them with seamless movies.
- Ensure your video preview is optimized: By adding OpenGraph tags, Yoast Video SEO makes sure that your video previews are displayed correctly whenever someone shares your page on Facebook or Slack. Making ensuring a video preview works properly is important because it works well to draw viewers’ interest. This is made possible via the OpenGraph tags, which tell the user’s device how to show the video preview, for example, on their Facebook feed.
- Set custom, optimized thumbnails for your videos: Custom thumbnails and a preview of the final product are available for your video search results. The thumbnail, which users see first, has a big role in whether or not they decide to click. A strong thumbnail can help you stand out from the crowd.
- Automate your XML sitemaps: The plugin generates Video sitemaps automatically and adds them to the XML sitemaps produced by Yoast SEO. Google is made aware of your website’s video content thanks to the video sitemaps. If you host videos on your website, an XML sitemap should contain links to those movies.
- Support for major video platforms: Many popular video hosting websites, including Youtube, Vimeo, Wistia, and VideoPress, are supported by Yoast Video SEO. As a result, you can be sure that pages using videos from these platforms are SEO-friendly.
You’ll also need the Yoast SEO plugin to use the News plugin. Both the free and premium versions of Yoast SEO are compatible with the Yoast News SEO plugin. But if you really want to beat that competition, purchase Yoast SEO Premium!